Like any other form of exercise, sufficient starting to heat up and stretching is mandatory before and after having a game of golf to hold the muscles in pattern. If you hurt one self while playing, stop immediately and apply ice to the area. Continuing to play might cause more harm. It is advisable to start with the most reliable GRAIN (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) method of treatment to relieve pain. Other possible treatments for any speedy recovery include pain relievers, absolute entire injured area, physical treatment method, ultrasound and surgery with worst cases. Some quick tips about rehabilitation:
- It is important to consult a Physical Therapist, one who specializes in golf and related injuries.
- Change of equipment from a heavier to a lighter one, will decrease the weight of the club and thereby reduce the stress.
- Developing strong core muscles will engage the larger muscle groups and enable the body to help swing the club.
Golf related Wrist Injuries and ways to keep them at bay.
Wrist injuries can occur not only in the beginners but also in the professional golfers so much that wrist has become the subject of discussion among golf aficionados. Golf injuries of this wrist are rare, but when they do occur they are often devastatingly similar to that will of frozen wrists in men and women that work for long hours on the computer. The pain is excruciating allowing it to cripple your hand movement or even given timely attention. With a back spasm, it is still possible to play using a corset brace. In case on the ankle sprain, it is still possible to take the cart practically close to the ball and participate in. In case of an elbow injury, it 's still possible to swing a club and hit that ball. Whereas, incase associated with a wrist injury, it is simply not possible to opt for the club. Even if some sort of injured golfer picks your swing it, his fear will stop him from going further and he'll flinch or drop this club. Wrist pain can be be extremely disabling and can make child impossible.
The two major varieties of injuries of the arm in golfers are:
- Tendonitis (inflammation within the tendon). Due to overuse within the wrist flexor muscles the tendons get extended causing chronic pain, tenderness and inability move the wrist. Apart coming from age, bad golf mechanics or inadequate strength or even wrong grip, too much stress to the collagen fibers of the tendons in the wrist causes a micro-rupture in the fibers
- Ulnar-Carpal (wrist) joint personal injuries. The strain arising due to over swinging of that club can tear or simply over-stretch the ulnar (outside) soft tissue causing pain. As long for the reason that wrist is locked when you hold a club, it doesn’t hurt but whenever you swing the club, the pain arises.
How do wrist injuries occur and how to keep them at bay while playing golf?
- Over swinging: of the club and exerting your wrists to its maximum capacity.
- Casting the club: In an attempt to get more power and distance, there is a conscious attempt to hinge or cock the wrist this quick rolling has an impact on the forearm.
- Weak grip: Most beginners who have not developed adequate forearm power end up with a weak wrists or grip strength. This is because the tendons work harder to keep the wrist steady during the swing.